Accessories - Looking ahead
Let’s consider the direction taken by samples for Summer ’17, looking in particular at accessories.
At Anteprima we saw a great deal of interest for manual finishings on tapes and for applications, from weaves to macramé, to more innovative embroideries.
- Macramé will use leather on its own, or together with cotton or denim threads, also becoming highly coloured applications to apply over natural linen.
- We expect to see geometric weaving of cotton ribbons alternated with patent leather to create new two-colour chevron effects.
- Embroidery in terry stitching with leather strips, or narrow, rigid threads to create a summer velvet effect. Embroidery with a very three-dimensional effect.
- Frill finishing with light cotton threads, or complex finishings on plissé, perforations, worked as patches together with techno-nets or prints.
- Hand finishing also for studs, heat-sealed application for all over which leaves room for more complex applications with logos or nails, partially covered by leather threads woven on the surface.