Amici Per La Pelle Competition
On February 27 students and teachers arrived at the Fiera Milano Auditorium , Rho for the closing ceremony of the fourth edition of the “Amici per la pelle” competition ,sponsored by UNIC (the Italian Tanning Industry Association). It involved students from the middle schools in the tanning districts in Campania, Lombardy, Tuscany and Veneto. The topic of the competition, this year, was Pop Art Tan. 53 divisions from 9 institutes took part. Over 600 students were in Milan, together with teachers, school managers and public administration members. The works were exhibited for 3 days at LINEAPELLE, pav. 9, for visitors to vote.
53 classes from the following schools attended the competition:
- Istituto Comprensivo Statale 1 "Zanella" - Arzignano (VI)
- Istituto Comprensivo Statale “Leonardo da Vinci” Castelfranco di Sotto (PI)
- Istituto Comprensivo Statale “Montanelli-Petrarca” - Fucecchio (FI)
- Istituto Comprensivo Statale “C. Banti” - S. Croce sull'Arno (PI)
- Istituto Comprensivo Statale “Buonarroti” - San Miniato (PI)
- Istituto Comprensivo “Don Lorenzo Milani” Turbigo/ Robecchetto con Induno (MI)
- Istituto Comprensivo “Michele Pironti” - Montoro Inferiore (AV)
- Istituto Comprensivo “Francesco Solimene” - Serino (AV)
- Istituto Comprensivo “Francesco Guarini” - Solofra (AV)
The art work "L'Albero della vita (Tree of life)", created by the third class of the "Francesco Guarini" middle school, under the supervision of teacher Angela Rullo, won the first prize. The work perfectly symbolized this year's theme (Pop Art Tan) by use of coloured leather concentric circles. The committee appreciated also the reference to the Expo, that the students from Solofra, as well as the over 1,000 students from the main Italian tanning districts, converted into leather creations. The second prize was given to the "II E" class of the Buonarroti institute of Ponte a Egola/San Miniato for the “Pop smile” work; third came the II B class from the Montanelli school of Fucecchio for "Miracle in Milan". A special prize for creativity was given to the "Heart of Milan" sculpture, made by the students from Castelfranco di sotto's middle school.